- Accepting ownership for delivering projects.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Engaging with critical stakeholders to manage expectations.
Planning And Organising
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Developing detailed project plans to track progress.
- Forecasting requirements; developing budgets; scheduling expenditures; tracking spend; initiating corrective actions.
- Running tendering processes to select vendors.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Coaching of project team members.
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
- Managing changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary.
- Most of the issues that impact a project result in one way or another from risk.
- Key among a project manager’s responsibilities is the recognition that this risk must be both formally and informally measured and then managed throughout the lifetime of a project.
- Influencing Vendors, Team members, Senior Management, and other stakeholders is a Critical Success Factor for this role.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate relationships with internal resources, vendors, customers, Senior Management and other stakeholders.
- Leadership skills.
- Team management.
- Influencing skills.
Much communication will be face-to-face, rather than written, so the ability be personable and persuasive will be key
The ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts
Likely to also require negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
The ability to clearly capture needs and requirements in written form is an important Critical Success Factor for the role.
The ability to clearly articulate progress in written reports will also be essential
- Solid organizational skills.
Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
Attention to detail
Ability to match tools, techniques and documentation to size, scale and complexity of the task
- Strong risk management.skills, with a good grasp of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Good personal capacity to manage high stress situations.
- 10 years+ working experience as a Senior Project Manager in the information technology sector.
- Project Management certification is desireable.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.