Technician, ICT - Desktop Support
Apply now Requisition Number:
505571 Contract Type:
Fixed Term Country:
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Confers with users and IT personnel to develop new approaches or alternatives to ensure that user assistance is being provided effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the Service Desk as a second level support escalation to resolve assigned tickets
- Will be expected to take ownership for assigned incidents and problems, and contact required resources to resolve the problem, with minimum supervision.
- Follow-up with assigned tickets and promote ticket resolution – escalate tickets to other technical resources as needed to ensure successful and timely ticket resolution.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems.
- Support Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for computing environment.
- Interact with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Recommend and implement upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Troubleshoot all Microsoft Office Suite 2010 - 2016 issues and queries be it Outlook, Word, Excel, Projects etc.
- Identify and repair hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems.
- Trains employees and orients them on how to use computer hardware and software applications
- Contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of PC-related policies, procedures, and standards that conform with organizational objectives and IT industry best practices.
- Provide and observe user confidentiality when working on user or organization ICT Resources.
- BSc on Computer science/ Diploma in Computer Engineering
- 3 Years Solid Desktop Support Experience
Advertised: 08 Apr 2019 FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Apr 2019 FLE Daylight Time