The Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU) is a privately owned University, registered by the Ministry of Higher Education under Higher Education Authority ACT No. 4 of 2013 to provide higher Education in Medical Education. LAMU is regulated by Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ), General Nursing Council Of Zambia (GNC), Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) and Higher Education Authority itself.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) OFFICE:
Systems Developer – ICT (Position- 1)
The Systems Developer- ICT will plan, design and develop the University’s Web applications and systems in order to facilitate students’ learning and support business operations.
- Participates in the formulation, preparation and review of policies, work manuals, procedures and documentations.
- Plans, designs and develops user friendly Students’ Resource Portal and other Web applications to facilitate learning.
- Strategizes, develops and maintains ICT software applications in order to ensure optimal performance of the ICT network across the Company and University.
- Maintains all computer software systems at required level of availability to meet corporate business needs.
- Carries out deletions, additions, modifications and extensions of ICT networks in order to adapt them to new business needs.
- Monitors the performance of ICT software or applications in the institution and recommends improvements where necessary to ensure service excellence.
- Arranges video and audio lectures on specially designed Web applications so that they can be easily accessed by students.
- Creates online admission forms so as to facilitate easy admission of students.
- Creates proper security measures in order to protect distance learning materials from un authorized users
- Undertakes day to day maintenance of Web applications to ensure smooth functionality of systems.
- Plans and implements future ICT development to keep in tune with new developments in the ICT field.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 /Or 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Certificate.
- First Degree in Information Technology from a recognized University/Institution.
- Three to Five (3- 5) years working experience in a higher learning Institution or a similar field.
- Between 25 to 45 years of Age.
- Membership to any relevant Zambian/International Regulatory Body.