Mpulungu Harbour Corporation Limited - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Mpulungu Harbour Corporation Limited (MHCL) is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Corporation’s financial resources and affairs. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Finance Manager shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of MHCL and participates in strategic decision making.
The Finance Manager is also responsible and accountable for preparing financial reports, analysing financial information to determine and maintain all the records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial activities for the corporation.
- Direct and manage all the activities of the accounting function.
- Advise on long term business and financial planning.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements that give a true and fair view, in accordance with IFRS.
- Responsible for internal controls deemed necessary to enable the preparation of financial statements that are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
- Establish and/or review internal controls and procedures to ensure effective statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Manage forecasting, budgeting, and oversee all processes for financial reporting.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organisation’s needs.
- Treasury management.
- Planning and scheduling of work for subordinates, ensuring proper and fair distribution of assignments.
- Identify training needs for the Accounts team and ensuring that staff are adequately trained for their respective duties and responsibilities.
- Establish performance objectives for accounting staff and ensure staff performance appraisals.
- Ensuring appropriate staffing of the department within the context of the Corporation’s budget.
- Ensure regular valuation of the port and all assets.
- Accountability for the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Ensure adequate backup systems and that disaster recovery plans are in place.
- Employ technology to ensure sound record keeping and document management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Primary/Secondary Education:
- Grade 12 School Certificate
Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy/Business Administration or equivalent professional qualifications
- Must be a Member of ZICA
- Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- Ten(10)years experience, with 3 years at management level.
- Maritime industry experience an added advantage
- Communication Skills
- Able to write comprehensive reports
- Able to communicate effectively in English
Computer literate, good numerical skills, Time Management, Team work, Analytical mind, Negotiation skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.