Are you looking to grow and develop your skills while making a positive contribution to the well being of our rural economy?
Who is RTO?
In rural Africa, lack of access to the right equipment and financial services is holding back millions of small entrepreneurs in growing their business.
To unlock their potential, RTO has developed a proven, efficient and scalable asset-financing model for farmers and small business owners in rural Africa. We offer clients a one-stop solution including: high quality assets, distribution, training, and financing. Combining these services creates a profitable model and enables low-income rural individuals to obtain credit for high-impact assets, and positions us a first mover in a blue ocean market.
You will be in the unique position to shape the future of our business where you can see this combination of rapid growth and high impact; improving livelihoods, economies and the greater productive and financial landscapes across rural Africa.
RTO currently has a growing staff of 50 people and 50 agents, creating over $4.0M in assets disbursed since 2013. We are just getting started and are on track to scale our model across Zambia and launch operations in multiple other African countries in order to achieve our goal of serving 1,000,000+ clients by 2025.
At RTO we believe in
- Execution with purpose, passion and pride. Personally accountable for results and outcomes, owning the process of removing all obstacles to achieving objectives
- Recognizing success which is celebrated and rewarded
- Embracing and encouraging diversity, different approaches are welcomed and considered on their own merit
- Taking pride in our customers success and go the extra mile to support our customers by providing a 7 star service
- Winning as a team
- Investing in our team
- Innovation; challenging the norm and thinking outside the box
- Being passionate at personal development as well that of our teams
- Frank, open & timely feedback
Responsible for supporting a team of 20+ high performing commission based sales agents through a team of 3+ full time Sales Officers and a Training Officer.
Reports into the Senior Sales Manager
Primary objectives of the role:
- Achieve sales targets (approx. $1 million per year)
- Build and Maintain a team of 20+ high performing Sales Agents and 3+ Sales Officers
- Utilize a problem lead sales approach to attract lifelong customers
- Begin by learning the RTO sales method, and acting as an RTO Sales Agent for up to two months in the field
- Continually motivate the sales team
- Continually develop the sales team through hands on coaching in the field
- Create quarterly and monthly strategies with your team
- Monitor the daily and weekly execution cycles in place for the Sales Officers
- Ensure that prospective clients receive a meaningful, genuine, and professional experience
- Submit weekly reports, highlighting activities, achievements and risks
- Carry out competitor pricing surveys when requested
- Track, execute and improve incentive schemes for staff and agents
- Continually evaluate performance of the sales team, and support strategies for improvement
- Use a positive attitude approach in all interactions
Education & Experience required:
- 5+ years in professional for-profit work environment
- Completed a College or University degree
- Proven ability to build and manage a team in a comparable industry
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Proven experience in customer relationship management. Ability to build and manage relations at all levels
- Demonstrates exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent computer literacy
- Affinity towards entrepreneurship, understanding benefits of technology to low-income people
Competencies/ Behaviors required:
- Positive attitude
- Fast learner
- Excellent communicator
- Mentor & motivator
- Team worker