Rent to Own Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Are you looking to grow and develop your skills while making a positive contribution to the well-being of our rural economy?
Who is RTO?
In rural Africa, lack of access to the right equipment and financial services is holding back millions of small entrepreneurs in growing their business.
To unlock their potential, RTO has developed a proven, efficient and scalable asset-financing model for farmers and small business owners in rural Africa. We offer clients a one-stop solution including: high quality assets, distribution, training, and financing. Combining these services creates a profitable model and enables low-income rural individuals to obtain credit for high-impact assets, and positions us a first mover in a blue ocean market.
You will be in the unique position to shape the future of our business where you can see this combination of rapid growth and high impact; improving livelihoods, economies and the greater productive and financial landscapes across rural Africa.
RTO currently has a growing staff of 50 people and 50 agents, creating over $4.0M in assets disbursed since 2013. We are just getting started and are on track to scale our model across Zambia and launch operations in multiple other African countries in order to achieve our goal of serving 1,000,000+ clients by 2025.
At RTO we believe in
- Execution with purpose, passion and pride. Personally accountable for results and outcomes, owning the process of removing all obstacles to achieving objectives
- Recognizing success which is celebrated and rewarded
- Embracing and encouraging diversity, different approaches are welcomed and considered on their own merit
- Taking pride in our customers success and go the extra mile to support our customers by providing a 7 star service
- Winning as a team
- Investing in our team
- Innovation; challenging the norm and thinking outside the box
- Being passionate at personal development as well that of our teams
- Frank, open & timely feedback
The primary responsibility of the Provincial Technician is to ensure that clients receive a high quality experience throughout their contract with RTO (ie. receive a 7 star service). In particular in relation to the delivery, installation, training and repairs.
Reports into the Field Manager
Primary objectives of the role:
The role involves conducting delivery, installation, training and repairs. It also includes supporting all technical training of the RTO team in the province. This includes:
- Complete full installation and testing of product with the client
- Complete LEARN formatted training with the client so they can operate their new equipment properly, and perform basic maintenance tasks
- Review and sign the hire purchase contract with the client
- Complete Taro works job for every delivery
- Conduct demonstration shows for those interested during delivery
§ KPI – to be set and agreed with management
After sales support
- Troubleshoot all problems with client’s equipment
- Recommend to the FM when a client requires replacement item under warranty
- Keep a record of all replaced items given to clients and ensure returns to ware house are documented
- Ensure faulty items are reported to the FM and worked on
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Training RTO team
- Document processes and troubleshooting guide and make them available for the team.
- Offer equipment training to all regional staff
- Explain products specifications to all regional staff
- Periodically work with the products development manager to understand new products.
Education & Experience required:
- 2+ years working with engines and solar equipment
- Completed a College certificate or diploma
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Demonstrates exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent computer literacy
- Driving and riding a motor bike with valid licenses