Business Development Officer
World Wide Fund - Lusaka, Lusaka
WWF-World Wide Fund for Nature is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with close to five million supporters and a network active in more than 100 countries on five continents. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Zambia seeks to recruit proficient, energetic and motivated individuals to be part of the team in the following role:
Business Development Officer – Bee Keeping Project (6 months)
The suitable candidate will be responsible for;
- Establish relationships with possible ‘honey-houses’ for honey processing and possible export channels
- Familiarize with legislation and regulations regarding honey exports from Zambia to UK (EU market) and develop community practices that deliver compliance to the regulations.
- Establish and deliver 6 month action plan for ZYCALA honey activity.
- Work with ZYCALA youth to building capacity in beekeeping and honey production
- Plan hive construction and beekeeping trainings
- Work with expert consultant to deliver hive construction and beekeeping trainings
- Oversee the construction of up to 150 hives
- Liaise with Gaia Education and international buyer regarding the sale of honey
- Establish export channels for the honey
- Develop a detailed community centered business plan for international export of honey from ZYCALA site
- Facilitate visits from Gaia Education and the buyer
- University degree in any related field
- Able to develop Business Plan
- Ability to organize communities into business entities
- Field work experience in linking community enterprises with markets
- Marketing and business experience
- Fair Understanding of export business rules for honey