Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Digital Banking Division under the Digital Development Department at Head Office:-
HEAD DIGITAL INNOVATION AND TRANSFORMATION (X1)
This role is responsible for creating and implementing the Digital Banking Division’s technology vision and plan, ensuring it aligns and drives the Digital Bank’s business strategy and helps supports its key lines of business. The Head Digital Innovation & Transformation is responsible for transforming digital experiences across all digital channels. This role directs the planning and implementation of IT and digital systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
Under the supervision of the Chief Digital Banking Officer, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- Creating and maintaining the agile approach for Digital Bank technology deployment
- Direct the design, development and implementation of the Digital Bank’s IT strategy and customer facing solutions
- Direct and oversee all IT /Business Solutions related to Digital Bank to ensure that they are delivered and deployed cost effectively
- Oversee and maintain a secured IT platform for the digital banking operations ensuring appropriate IT Controls are implemented and maintained
- Ensure that all IT systems are implemented and maintained to required standards
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Effectively manage IT Vendor and stakeholder relations
- Develop & execute IT strategy for enhancing customer experience and product and service delivery.
- Project management of technology projects within digital banking division
- Map digital capabilities to strategic priorities
- Serve as the sponsor for digital process innovation
- Develop and administer the digital project portfolio.
- Measuring new efficiencies and ROI, and replacing manual processes with technology drives both cost savings and revenue generation
- Managing the IT infrastructure uptime as per agreed SLA
- Supporting the client, agent and merchant acquisition sales teams through technology enablement
- Providing support to product team in developing innovative digital products
- Supporting the customer experience team to provide best in class customer experience and service through various service channels
- External: Local Regulators.
- Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in a relevant field or professional qualification from a recognized university.
- Minimum: At least six to eight (6-8) years’ relevant experience
- A good knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- A good understanding of the principles and practices of business economics and the current business economic environment.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios
- Good Knowledge of financial investment options and electronic banking options
- Sound understanding of current taxation laws as they apply to the portfolio of customers.
- Good knowledge of technical portfolio management systems.
- Strong knowledge of industry practices and performance measurements, industry trends, associated solutions of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings and structure.
- Good understanding of the Digital Banking channels
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly numerical skills/data rational.
- Presentation skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Forward planning.
- Ability to lead, direct, manage and supervise.
- Results orientated.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen.
- Good prioritization skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Leadership and negotiation skills.
- Client engagement skills.