Chief Sports Development Officer – Planner
ZAVEPSPORTS - Lusaka, Lusaka
Zavesports a Zambian leading sports provider seeks to recruit ,a CHIEF SPORTS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER-PLANNER
A sports development officer will plan and organise sports projects and campaigns in order to get more people involved. They work towards making sport more accessible to everyone and aim to get people living a healthier lifestyle.
Typical job responsibilities will include:
- organising, developing and delivering a varied range of sporting activities or programmes
- managing budgets
- producing promotional material and displays
- keeping statistical and financial records
- undertaking administrative tasks
- writing reports and press releases
- liaising and working with relevant organisations or agencies including youth services, schools, clubs, sports coaches and sports councils
- organising and undertaking market research
- monitoring and assessing progress.
The work can be demanding, with long hours and some evening, weekend and public holiday work.
Key skills for sports development officers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Degree/Diploma in sports science, travel, tourism, leisure, business studies, management or marketing or related field.
Relevant work experience is essential
You are strongly advised to call before you forward the cv